Walden III “in the process of discovery here”
Founder of Walden III, in process of discovery here
Walden III Founders Scholarship: $1000.00
INSTRUCTIONS / The process of discovery…
Initial Application Form
- Full name
- Parents Names
- Home Group Teacher
What has your time at Walden III meant to you?
Tell us something about your personal “process of discovery”.
What did you discover about yourself and the world we live in?
How you want to be involved in it?
What responsibilities do you have in that world, and what you will have to do to achieve your dreams?
Alternately, If you feel that your personal process of discovery can be best expressed in some form other than an essay, please describe that to us, and be prepared to exhibit, demonstrate, or perform your presentation during the interview portion of the application.
In order to describe your “process of discovery”, write a 1-3-page double spaced essay using one or more of the following questions:
- How has Walden helped you?
- What have you learned about yourself; how have you changed?
- What are you proudest of so far in life?
- What personal knowledge and qualities should you continue to work on to get stronger, become more effective, and achieve your personal dreams and goals?
- What are your plans after graduation for improving and pursuing these dreams and goals?
- What are you curious about, interested in that you want/need to know more about?
- How did your time at Walden III help and hinder your work on these things? How did you do academically? What were your best and worst experiences?
- How have your ROPE experiences and writings helped you?
- If you feel that your personal process of discovery can be best expressed in some form other than an essay, please describe that to us, and be prepared to exhibit, demonstrate, or perform your presentation during the interview portion of the application.
Please Note: Correct use of writing conventions and good written expression are important, but are not the only things evaluated. Strong examples, clear thinking, and expressing your feelings count a lot. Do your best to make this a single unified piece of writing, not just a separate answer for each of the bullet points above. Tell us anything you want us to know about yourself, your background, and your history.
Material from your ROPE autobiography may be used in this Personal Essay. If you quote directly from your autobiography, please put this in proper format: proper quote punctuation and credit the document, just as if you were quoting anything from another source.
We DO NOT want just a copy of your ROPE autobiography for this essay.
This Personal Essay must be turned in by 3:00 p.m. April 9, 2018, in the Walden office. You will be contacted to schedule an interview after April 23, 2018.